As the rest of us try to pull together money to cover Christmas/Holiday gifts .. while still paying the bills, our wonderful Powers that Be in Washington have saw fit to spend our money like this:
1. The 19 legal brothels in Nevada got to take a total of $17.5 million in tax deductions, including breast implants, costumes, and marketing.
2. NASA is investing $360,000 in a study to see what happens when 20 people spend two full months in bed.
3. The American Association of Independent Music got a $284,000 grant to have indie rock executives travel around the world promoting their music.
4. The National Institute of Health spent $325,000 funding a study that found marriages are happier when women calm down quicker after arguments.
5. The Department of Housing and Urban Development spent $1.2 million on apartments in Arizona for deaf seniors . . . then decided it was illegal just to house deaf seniors in them.
6. The Department of Agriculture spent $415,000 to serve California red wines in China to try to create demand for them among "influential" Chinese.
BIRTHPLACE: Osceola, NE
High School: Osceola HS (Class of '79)
College: BS in Communication Arts ('84) Wayne State College (NE)
Welcome to the ole Bio page! Thanks for listening and showing this much interest in me and the Show!!
Okay, a little about me and my family. I'm 52 and happily married to my wife of 23 years, Ressa, have three great kids, Luke, (30); Leah (27); and Zach, (26); and a terrific canine companion, Berta, our sassy Welsh-Pembroke Corgi (7). And Leah and Scott have given us two grandchildren, (Reece, 3), and Liam (2).
Ressa and I are empty-nesters. I'm a complete a sports junkie, and am also a sportscaster, actually (although not here in Columbus -- at this time, at least). I've done the NBA (San Antonio Spurs); and NCAA Division I basketball; (Creighton University) and I-AA football (Texas State); as well as Pro Beach volleyball. To quench my sports 'fix' I play Fantasy everything ... baseball, football and basketball ... and watch everything. Oh, and yes, I'm a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge Huskers fan!! LOVE my Huskers (but also am truly a big Buckeyes fan)!
I'm an avid biker. I own 2011 Harley-Davidson CVO Softail Convertible, and ride whenever I can. I've ridden to Sturgis twice, most recently last year - and yes I actually ride it!
And YES, I really do have the Alarm Force Home Security and Video Relay system in my home; did get my Lasik eye surgery at Bloomberg Eye Center (June of '08); bought three Mustangs from Germain Ford; got my HVAC system from Custom Air; have had roof work done by Tim Newman Roofing; have a Kinetico Water System; used Greene Solutions for my added insulation; am an AEP Energy customer; drink Tim Horton's coffee (everyday!); contribute to Habitat for Humanity; and my wife did get treatment at Columbus Laser Spa! You'd be amazed how many of you ask me about that stuff!
Again, THANKS FOR LISTENING, and visiting 'The Woody' page here at www.wcol.com