BIRTHPLACE: Osceola, NE
High School: Osceola HS (Class of '79)
College: BS in Communication Arts ('84) Wayne State College (NE)
Man, I can't believe you've dug this far into the 'Woody' page! Either you're incredibly bored or ... you've gotta be bored. Anyway, thanks for listening and showing this much interest in me and the Show!!
Okay, a little about me and my family. I'm 51 (heavy sigh), but happily married to my wife of 21 years, Ressa, have three great kids, Luke, (29); Leah (26); and Zach, (25); and a terrific canine companion, Jill, the Golden Retriever (11), and Berta, our sassy Welsh-Pembroke Corgi (5). And Leah and Scott have given us two grandchildren, (Reece, 2), and Liam (5 mo).
Ressa and I are empty-nesters. I'm a complete a sports junkie, and am also a sportscaster, actually (although not here in Columbus -- at this time, at least). I've done the NBA (San Antonio Spurs); and NCAA Division I basketball; (Creighton University) and I-AA football (Texas State); as well as Pro Beach volleyball. To quench my sports 'fix' I play Fantasy everything ... baseball, football and basketball ... and watch everything.
Ressa & I love to laugh, and can frequently be found at the Funny Bone. We also see a lot of movies - with comedies and thrillers our favorites. I love to travel -- Arizona and Hawaii, where my favorite brother-in-law lives, are our favorites ... although I travel back to see my mom and brother in Nebraska at least twice a year. Oh, and yes, I'm a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge Huskers fan!! LOVE my Huskers (but also am truly a big Buckeyes fan)!
I also love to ride motorcycles. I own 2011 Harley-Davidson CVO Softail Convertible, and ride whenever I can. Made that "Big Ride" - to Sturgis, S.D. in '07 (and yes I rode it!). Ressa is starting to like it a little more, too, and I can see us spending more and more time on the road as the kids grow older.
And YES, I really do have the Alarm Force Home Security and Video Relay system in my home; did get my Lasik eye surgery at Bloomberg Eye Center (June of '08); bought two Mustangs from Germain Ford; got my HVAC system from Custom Air; have had roof work done by Tim Newman Roofing; and Ressa really did lose 41 lbs with Medifast! You'd be amazing how many of you ask me about that stuff!
THANKS FOR LISTENING, and visiting 'The Woody' page here at www.wcol.com.
It’s not creative and arty if it makes us laugh.
Photo: Jeff Strauss / iStockPhoto | Licensed to Alpha Media Group 2012
3. Floyd (Unless you know for sure he’s going to be a fighter.)
5. Nevaeh (Yes, it’s “Heaven” spelled backwards....which means your child is anti-heaven, a.k.a. Hell. So just call her Hell. “Hell” is a cool name.)
20. New Cher
22. Glenn (Have you ever met a baby named Glenn? And yet there are adults named Glenn. What the hell?)
25. Lt. Assblast
27. Fitzgerald (Unless it’s a girl, because then it’s adorable.)
31. Mercedes Benz
38. Filthy Jonas
40. Rib Eye
44. Jennyb (silent B)
52. Indiana (It only worked once, and only because he was Han Solo)
57. Piers Morgan
58. Sweet Pea
59. Sweat Pea
66. Precious (Name her “Push” instead.)
68. Siobhan (Because no one will ever know how to spell or pronounce it, including your child until he/she turns 12.)
77. Mickey Rourke
79. VH1 Presents
87. Dances With Wolves
92. Ralph (but make everyone pronounce it weird)
93. Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy
100. The Walrus