BIRTHPLACE: Osceola, NE
High School: Osceola HS (Class of '79)
College: BS in Communication Arts ('84) Wayne State College (NE)
Man, I can't believe you've dug this far into the 'Woody' page! Either you're incredibly bored or ... you've gotta be bored. Anyway, thanks for listening and showing this much interest in me and the Show!!
Okay, a little about me and my family. I'm 51 (heavy sigh), but happily married to my wife of 21 years, Ressa, have three great kids, Luke, (29); Leah (26); and Zach, (25); and a terrific canine companion, Jill, the Golden Retriever (11), and Berta, our sassy Welsh-Pembroke Corgi (5). And Leah and Scott have given us two grandchildren, (Reece, 2), and Liam (5 mo).
Ressa and I are empty-nesters. I'm a complete a sports junkie, and am also a sportscaster, actually (although not here in Columbus -- at this time, at least). I've done the NBA (San Antonio Spurs); and NCAA Division I basketball; (Creighton University) and I-AA football (Texas State); as well as Pro Beach volleyball. To quench my sports 'fix' I play Fantasy everything ... baseball, football and basketball ... and watch everything.
Ressa & I love to laugh, and can frequently be found at the Funny Bone. We also see a lot of movies - with comedies and thrillers our favorites. I love to travel -- Arizona and Hawaii, where my favorite brother-in-law lives, are our favorites ... although I travel back to see my mom and brother in Nebraska at least twice a year. Oh, and yes, I'm a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge Huskers fan!! LOVE my Huskers (but also am truly a big Buckeyes fan)!
I also love to ride motorcycles. I own 2011 Harley-Davidson CVO Softail Convertible, and ride whenever I can. Made that "Big Ride" - to Sturgis, S.D. in '07 (and yes I rode it!). Ressa is starting to like it a little more, too, and I can see us spending more and more time on the road as the kids grow older.
And YES, I really do have the Alarm Force Home Security and Video Relay system in my home; did get my Lasik eye surgery at Bloomberg Eye Center (June of '08); bought two Mustangs from Germain Ford; got my HVAC system from Custom Air; have had roof work done by Tim Newman Roofing; and Ressa really did lose 41 lbs with Medifast! You'd be amazing how many of you ask me about that stuff!
THANKS FOR LISTENING, and visiting 'The Woody' page here at www.wcol.com.
Courtesty of Fandago.com
10. 'Christmas with the Kranks'-- Tim Allen and Jamie Lee Curtis kick off the list with three percent of the votes.
9. 'Surviving Christmas'-- Ben Affleck's madcap antics fetched three percent as well.
8. 'Deck the Halls'-- Danny DeVito and Matthew Broderick fought for four percent of the votes.
7. 'Home Alone 3'-- This Culkin-less sequel to the Christmas classic brought in four percent of the votes.
6. 'Ernest Saves Christmas'-- Voters saved five percent of the "worst" nods for Ernest.
5. 'Santa with Muscles'-- Hulk Hogan flexed his way into the number five spot with five percent of the votes.
4. 'Jack Frost'-- This deadly snowman scared up nine percent of the votes.
3. 'Jingle All the Way'-- Arnold Schwarzenegger searched for a Turbo Man doll, but came up with 10 percent of the "worst" votes instead.
2. 'Silent Night, Deadly Night'-- This super-violent take on Christmas tore up 16 percent of the votes.
1. 'Santa Claus Conquers the Martians'-- Santa Claus hands out coal to extraterrestrials in this sci-fi holiday mash-up, which earned 23 percent of the votes and the title of "Worst Christmas Movie Ever." Happy holidays!