BIRTHPLACE: Osceola, NE
High School: Osceola HS (Class of '79)
College: BS in Communication Arts ('84) Wayne State College (NE)
Man, I can't believe you've dug this far into the 'Woody' page! Either you're incredibly bored or ... you've gotta be bored. Anyway, thanks for listening and showing this much interest in me and the Show!!
Okay, a little about me and my family. I'm 51 (heavy sigh), but happily married to my wife of 22 years, Ressa, have three great kids, Luke, (30); Leah (27); and Zach, (26); and a terrific canine companion, Jill, the Golden Retriever (12), and Berta, our sassy Welsh-Pembroke Corgi (6). And Leah and Scott have given us two grandchildren, (Reece, 3), and Liam (2).
Ressa and I are empty-nesters. I'm a complete a sports junkie, and am also a sportscaster, actually (although not here in Columbus -- at this time, at least). I've done the NBA (San Antonio Spurs); and NCAA Division I basketball; (Creighton University) and I-AA football (Texas State); as well as Pro Beach volleyball. To quench my sports 'fix' I play Fantasy everything ... baseball, football and basketball ... and watch everything.
Ressa & I love to laugh, and can frequently be found at the Funny Bone. We also see a lot of movies - with comedies and thrillers our favorites. I love to travel -- Arizona and Hawaii, where my favorite brother-in-law lives, are our favorites ... although I travel back to see my mom and brother in Nebraska at least twice a year. Oh, and yes, I'm a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge Huskers fan!! LOVE my Huskers (but also am truly a big Buckeyes fan)!
I also love to ride motorcycles. I own 2011 Harley-Davidson CVO Softail Convertible, and ride whenever I can. Made that "Big Ride" - to Sturgis, S.D. in '07 (and yes I rode it!). Ressa is starting to like it a little more, too, and I can see us spending more and more time on the road as the kids grow older.
And YES, I really do have the Alarm Force Home Security and Video Relay system in my home; did get my Lasik eye surgery at Bloomberg Eye Center (June of '08); bought three Mustangs from Germain Ford; got my HVAC system from Custom Air; have had roof work done by Tim Newman Roofing; and Ressa really did lose 41 lbs with Medifast! You'd be amazing how many of you ask me about that stuff!
THANKS FOR LISTENING, and visiting 'The Woody' page here at www.wcol.com.
According to the Wall Street Journal, here are the menu items with the most calories at 10 of the biggest fast-food chains:
1. 20 CHICKEN RINGS from White Castle have 1,760 calories. That's 85% of a woman's recommended daily allowance . . . and takes three hours of high-impact aerobics to burn off.
2. A Burger King BREAKFAST PLATTER has 1,450 calories, and takes two hours of basketball to burn off.
3. A McDonald's BIG BREAKFAST has 1,350 calories. That takes four hours of cycling.
4. A KFC 10-piece bag of CHICKEN BITES has 1,300 calories. That would take five hours of dancing.
5. The Wendy's three-quarter-pound DAVE'S HOT 'N' JUICY burger has 1,120 calories. That's four hours of bowling.
6. A STEAK and WHITE CHEDDER on baguette from Panera Bread has 980 calories. That takes two hours of low-impact aerobics to burn off.
7. Taco Bell's VOLCANIC NACHOS has 970 calories. That's an hour of tae kwon do.
8. A Dunkin' Donuts frozen MOCHA COFFEE COOLATTA with cream has 730 calories. An hour of tennis will burn that off.
9. The Subway MEGA MELT on FLATBREAD with egg has 660 calories. You'll need to rollerblade for an hour.
10. And a SLICE of Pizza Hut's 14-inch LARGE MEAT LOVER'S PAN PIZZA has 470 calories. That's an hour's worth of weight training.