BIRTHPLACE: Osceola, NE
High School: Osceola HS (Class of '79)
College: BS in Communication Arts ('84) Wayne State College (NE)
Man, I can't believe you've dug this far into the 'Woody' page! Either you're incredibly bored or ... you've gotta be bored. Anyway, thanks for listening and showing this much interest in me and the Show!!
Okay, a little about me and my family. I'm 51 (heavy sigh), but happily married to my wife of 22 years, Ressa, have three great kids, Luke, (30); Leah (27); and Zach, (26); and a terrific canine companion, Jill, the Golden Retriever (12), and Berta, our sassy Welsh-Pembroke Corgi (6). And Leah and Scott have given us two grandchildren, (Reece, 3), and Liam (2).
Ressa and I are empty-nesters. I'm a complete a sports junkie, and am also a sportscaster, actually (although not here in Columbus -- at this time, at least). I've done the NBA (San Antonio Spurs); and NCAA Division I basketball; (Creighton University) and I-AA football (Texas State); as well as Pro Beach volleyball. To quench my sports 'fix' I play Fantasy everything ... baseball, football and basketball ... and watch everything.
Ressa & I love to laugh, and can frequently be found at the Funny Bone. We also see a lot of movies - with comedies and thrillers our favorites. I love to travel -- Arizona and Hawaii, where my favorite brother-in-law lives, are our favorites ... although I travel back to see my mom and brother in Nebraska at least twice a year. Oh, and yes, I'm a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge Huskers fan!! LOVE my Huskers (but also am truly a big Buckeyes fan)!
I also love to ride motorcycles. I own 2011 Harley-Davidson CVO Softail Convertible, and ride whenever I can. Made that "Big Ride" - to Sturgis, S.D. in '07 (and yes I rode it!). Ressa is starting to like it a little more, too, and I can see us spending more and more time on the road as the kids grow older.
And YES, I really do have the Alarm Force Home Security and Video Relay system in my home; did get my Lasik eye surgery at Bloomberg Eye Center (June of '08); bought three Mustangs from Germain Ford; got my HVAC system from Custom Air; have had roof work done by Tim Newman Roofing; and Ressa really did lose 41 lbs with Medifast! You'd be amazing how many of you ask me about that stuff!
THANKS FOR LISTENING, and visiting 'The Woody' page here at www.wcol.com.
1. The "I Did Something Wrong but Instead of Admitting It I'm Going to Be Mad at You" Fight.
2. The "You're Not 22 Anymore and Therefore Do Not Need 12 Shots of Tequila on a Tuesday" Fight.
3. The "Your Friend is So Inappropriate" Fight.
4. The "Why Are You Reading a Book/Checking Facebook/Working in Bed Instead of Having Sex with Me?" Fight.
5. The "I Can't Read Your Mind" Fight.
6. The "I Can't Believe You'd Rather Hang Out With Your Friends Over Me" Fight.
7. The "Freaking Out about Moving In Together" Fight.
8. The "I Had a Bad Day and Now I'm Taking It Out on You" Fight.
9. The "It's the Holidays" Fight.
10. The "I Can't Believe You Spent X on Y " Fight.
11. The "We Never Make-Out Anymore" Fight.
12. The "You Sound Just Like My Mother" Fight.
13. The "Why Are We Even Talking About This Thing That Always Makes Us Fight?" Fight.
14. The "If I Watch The Real Housewives, You Won't Watch the Game with Me Like You Said You Would" Fight.
15. The "Why Are We 10 Hours into a Keeping Up with The Real Housewives of Teen Mom 2 Boo Boo Marathon" Fight.
16. The "I Read Your Internet History File and I Think You are GROSS" Fight.
17. The "I Don't Want to Go to Your Friend's Wedding" Fight.
18. The "We Never Do Stuff I Want to Do" Fight.
19. The "Why are We Out of Milk/Toilet Paper/Dog Food" fight.
20. The "You Work Too Much/Not Enough" Fight.